Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester SX2 MK II

David Page

Seeing the thread about the SX3 got me thinking. I now have the markII, but do not care for the sight set up. Most of my shotgun experience is in clays and I find the ghost ring set up distracting. I was thinking of hacking the front sight post off and using a fiber optic on the barrel. This I know would ruin the originality of the gun, but make it more user friendly. I have no complaints with the gun and have done many of the mods suggested here. I just don't know if this is a wise decision or should I go a different route and leave it as intended.

Most of the matches shot around here do not use slugs, only steel and clays. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks David.

Seeing the thread about the SX3 got me thinking. I now have the markII, but do not care for the sight set up. Most of my shotgun experience is in clays and I find the ghost ring set up distracting. I was thinking of hacking the front sight post off and using a fiber optic on the barrel. This I know would ruin the originality of the gun, but make it more user friendly. I have no complaints with the gun and have done many of the mods suggested here. I just don't know if this is a wise decision or should I go a different route and leave it as intended.

Most of the matches shot around here do not use slugs, only steel and clays. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks David.

Seeing as you already have that gun setup and working for you. I'd get the 26" vent rib barrel from FN or Winchester and cut it if you feel that 4" shorter works better for you. The 22" barrel on the SX2 or SLP weights almost 45 ounces due to the straight contour and thick barrel wals. The tapered and thin walled vent rib barrel weighs in at 35.8 ounces and changes the entire balance of the gun for the better. And for me.....I prefer the vent rib sight picture. Others like Brian Payne like sighting through the channel in the cantilever mount. But thats what I would do.