Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patriots-A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse

I found the “Patriots” entirely too preachy to give it a thumbs up. I really liked “Unintended Consequences” however.

Unfortunately, I agree. I felt like there was a little too much of a "preachy" attitude.

Another good read, and FREE, is "Lights Out." Just google Lights out survival story and you should find it.

I found the "Patriots" entirely too preachy to give it a thumbs up. I really liked "Unintended Consequences" however.

Unfortunately, I agree. I felt like there was a little too much of a "preachy" attitude.

Another good read, and FREE, is "Lights Out." Just google Lights out survival story and you should find it.

Free, pre Patriots, versions of the story, dating back as far as the 1990s, are/were avaiable as Triple Ought and TEOTWAWKI.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried reading this and could not get through it. I preferred "Lucifer's Hammer", a similar survival story but with a huge chunk of rock as the driver. And well written too.

+1 on Lucifer's Hammer, a long time favorite (I'm a big Niven fan), written long before the current TEOTWAWKI craze... and of them all (including Patriots), seems the most realistic.

Barry

• 4 months later...
I found the “Patriots” entirely too preachy to give it a thumbs up. I really liked “Unintended Consequences” however.

I completely agree. And it was better than One Second After.

I just ordered FerFals book "Survival in an Economic Collapse" off of LuLu.com

FerFal is Fernando Aguirre

I've heard it is a good read and its all true. It is about the SocioEconomic collapse that took place in Argentina in 2001.

Tod - any feedback on this book? Thx.

Some good info, but not so hot writing. At times it was much more like a rambling conversation. 50/50