Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another New Shotgun-Open Saiga

DMAC

The Gas Block is probably the most problem area for guns not running right.

Unscrew the gas adjustment knob all the way out and the push the piston(puck) out the front from the back with a cleaning rod.

You can then scrub all the carbon crude out of the gas block and make sure you use some type of pick to unclog the gas ports going down into the barrel. They become clogged easily with lead and plastic.

SGM has a clean out kit that we sell that makes it easy to do.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...-shotgun/Detail

Greg from Carolina shooters is right, BUT there is a much easier and more reliable solution, The TwisterPuc, which is also available at Carolina Shooters. The TwisterPuc does not totaly eliminate fouling but helps A LOT! The Ironman Guys should love it.

post-16536-1254345830_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRMAJOR

The Gas Block is probably the most problem area for guns not running right.

Unscrew the gas adjustment knob all the way out and the push the piston(puck) out the front from the back with a cleaning rod.

You can then scrub all the carbon crude out of the gas block and make sure you use some type of pick to unclog the gas ports going down into the barrel. They become clogged easily with lead and plastic.

SGM has a clean out kit that we sell that makes it easy to do.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...-shotgun/Detail

Greg from Carolina shooters is right, BUT there is a much easier and more reliable solution, The TwisterPuc, which is also available at Carolina Shooters. The TwisterPuc does not totaly eliminate fouling but helps A LOT! The Ironman Guys should love it.

[attachment=28363:Puc_Deal.jpg

I like the standard twister puc for regular match loads. It does help with the fouling, but you still need to clean them every now and then. The Magnum is for heavy 3" loads or overgassed guns.

Edited by Greg Q

• 2 weeks later...

DMAC,

This just begs the question, How do you clean the gas system without taking the Bolt/bolt carrier out? I clean my Saiga by taking the gas cap off the front and of course the piston out but I also have to remove the operating system too! Perhaps you are shooting x-tra clean ammo? I want to know your secret!

I am using the RanRTargets system with the Burris FastFire II and it is so easy to just replace the mount and dot where the original rear sight is/was. No clearance problems and is very rugged.

Scott

The answer I think is the ETAC GoGun TwisterPuc. Makes Gas tube cleaning much less necessary. Has had excellent reviews on the Saiga Forum

Carolina Shooters has them.post-16536-1255322551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flexmoney