Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady L n L Case Feeder Price?

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting a new press and the Hornady LNL is on the list. Problem is that while its a little bid cheaper compared to the Dillon 650 without case feeder the case feeder is much more expensive then the case feeder of the Dillon. So making it at least as expensive as the Dillon in some shops even more.

Is there any aftermarket case feeder out there that is cheaper? If yes, that would get the Hornady the compartive advantage price wise.

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting a new press and the Hornady LNL is on the list. Problem is that while its a little bid cheaper compared to the Dillon 650 without case feeder the case feeder is much more expensive then the case feeder of the Dillon. So making it at least as expensive as the Dillon in some shops even more.

Is there any aftermarket case feeder out there that is cheaper? If yes, that would get the Hornady the compartive advantage price wise.

I got an LNL AP and case feeder about 18 months ago. Frankly, I'd get my $ back on the case feeder. Worked for about 6 months, now the plates keep riding up over the cases in the bowl. The bowl is made of flimsy plastic which I suspect has sagged under it's own weight, causing the problem.

Randall

I bought my LNL AP press and feeder as a kit. It was definately cheaper than the 650, especially as the kit. The free bullet offer adds to the savings.

The 650 case feeder is just the bowl and motor and chute. You get all the rest of the parts with 650 press.

The LNL is opposite, you get the bowl, motor, chute, and all the other feeder parts when you buy the feeder.

Anyway, try cabelas and natchess and midway for the press. I know they had good prices about 6 months ago on the combo (press+feeder).

I have not had any problems with my case feeder. Of course, I fill it with a few hundred cases at a time.

Another vote for Cabela's. They usually send out "progressive coupons" a couple time a year. Spend 0 to $99 save $25. Spend $100 to $199, save $50. Spend $200 to $299 save $75. I held out for the coupon and saved $75 on a $300 case feeder. I've had the case feeder for about 9 months now and wonder how I lived without it.