Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee 1000 cases dont slide into case feeder

Hi all me again :roflol:

first thx to all of you that helped me. Got all my problems with the Lee 1000 fixes so far.

Primer seating works like glockwork

Indexing is solved

Feeding the case on the shell holder is solved.

So maybe you can help me with the next one too.

Have problems feeding the case from the case feeder tubes into this sliding thing that moves the case to the shell holder.

It is aligned OK when all the way on top. The case falls on the sliding thing when down then when moving up the sliding thing moves the case a little bid back so that the case cannot drop into this groove of the sliding thing when its aligned on the top position.

Sure somebody has an idea :rolleyes:

first thx to all of you that helped me. Got all my problems with the Lee 1000 fixes so far.

Primer seating works like glockwork

Indexing is solved

Feeding the case on the shell holder is solved.

So maybe you can help me with the next one too.

Have problems feeding the case from the case feeder tubes into this sliding thing that moves the case to the shell holder.

It is aligned OK when all the way on top. The case falls on the sliding thing when down then when moving up the sliding thing moves the case a little bid back so that the case cannot drop into this groove of the sliding thing when its aligned on the top position.

Sure somebody has an idea :rolleyes:

Not sure if I completely understand. I think perhaps the case feeder is not forward enough. I have found that twisting the case feeder forward where it just barely clears the press at the top of the stroke is best. This drops the cases as far forward as possible and in front of the slider.

If this is not what is happening, perhaps you can post a picture.

John

f

Not sure if I completely understand. I think perhaps the case feeder is not forward enough. I have found that twisting the case feeder forward where it just barely clears the press at the top of the stroke is best. This drops the cases as far forward as possible and in front of the slider.

John

the case feeder tubes are as close to the press as possible when all the way up. They are also aligned well with the case slider. I mean they are not overlapping each other or so.

When all the way down the case falls on the top of the case slider. Them wenn moving up the case slider moves back until its all the way back. then the case is supposed to fall down but it does not because while moving back the case slider kind of moves the case back a little bid too and so the case cannot fall down.

I was trying several different heights for the case feeder but always the same. the only thing right now I could think of is that lee had the wrong case feeder delivered. Meaning a big one while I am loading 9 Luger.

Is there a way to determin if its a big or small one?

Or is there something else wrong

f

John

the case feeder tubes are as close to the press as possible when all the way up. They are also aligned well with the case slider. I mean they are not overlapping each other or so.

When all the way down the case falls on the top of the case slider. Them wenn moving up the case slider moves back until its all the way back. then the case is supposed to fall down but it does not because while moving back the case slider kind of moves the case back a little bid too and so the case cannot fall down.

I was trying several different heights for the case feeder but always the same. the only thing right now I could think of is that lee had the wrong case feeder delivered. Meaning a big one while I am loading 9 Luger.

The small one has an aluminum bushing in the opening the case drops though. The large one is the same but no bushing. When I was loading 9mm and 40 S&W, I knocked out the bushing to make my small case feeder into a large case feeder and run 9mm or 40 through it.

You may have to tweak the Z bar that moves the slider, bending it slightly to adjust the slider travel.

f

John

The small one has an aluminum bushing in the opening the case drops though. The large one is the same but no bushing. When I was loading 9mm and 40 S&W, I knocked out the bushing to make my small case feeder into a large case feeder and run 9mm or 40 through it.

You may have to tweak the Z bar that moves the slider, bending it slightly to adjust the slider travel.

I think thats it. I do have the large one because there is not bushing in fact nothing metal on it. So I got the wrong one for my 9 Para.

I think because the case can move around in the large one it can get pushed back by the case slider and then lock. So will have to get a small one

Thx