Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA LIMITED/L10/REV Nationals

hf219

Although Ive shot the past couple of Nationals, its been the first portion of a back to back event. My question is from anyones past experience, when do they allow you to review the stages? I see that sign up is at the match hotel between 2pm and 6pm. Im sure they will be spending apart of that day rearranging targets etc.. Just trying to get an idea how much time we might have to look over 18 stages. Thanks H!

Typically the "flip" occurs during the "off" day between and is usually begun first thing in the AM. Everyone is too dead to do much after the first match is over plus the wait for scores to be posted and the hour for challenges and possible re-shoots. If the stages don't require drastic changes this process only takes an hour or two. Even if it is a total rebuild, there is a full crew to make it happen and many hands make light work so the change happens fairly quickly.

Just do the staff a favor and don't try to be walking the stage while they are ironing out final target placements and such. If there is staff on the stage just ask if it is okay to walk the stage before you start stomping around. Targets will typically be bagged...don't mess with the bags please.

And don't be shocked if what you saw on change over day gets modified a wee bit before the match starts. This can happen for a variety of reasons.

Thanks, just wanted to know how quickly theyve changed over the stages. I know registration is from I think, 2pm to 6pm that day. I just didnt know how much time we would have to look things over. Thanks H!