Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to IDPA

vash_241987

Being a newb to this forum and to IDPA, a fellow forum member from xdtalk invited me to try shooting a IDPA match on May 24. ( my B-day also ) I have a XDM9 so I'm guessing I'll be placed in the ESP division, what mods are allowed? All I have in it is a PRP match trigger kit, grip tape, and FO front sight. Are any of these mods allowed?

Being a newb to this forum and to IDPA, a fellow forum member from xdtalk invited me to try shooting a IDPA match on May 24. ( my B-day also ) I have a XDM9 so I'm guessing I'll be placed in the ESP division, what mods are allowed? All I have in it is a PRP match trigger kit, grip tape, and FO front sight. Are any of these mods allowed?

If it's a 9 you can shoot it in SSP or ESP. The trigger work (provided it's the same type of trigger as factory -- only matters for SSP), grip tape, and FO front sight don't disqualify you from shooting either SSP or ESP. Any more and you'd be better off shooting ESP I would think...that way you know your safe. You can mess with checkering and replace the trigger and have an extended mag release, etc. If the gun is double action and you've only made the mods listed you should be good for SSP. Mags will be loaded with a max of ten plus one in the chamber either way.

Best thing to do would be take it and ask when you get there. SSP or ESP, either way you'll have a good time. Remember...shoot to slide lock or retain the mag!

Have fun. Good luck.

--Lanzo

Thanks for the help, I really would like to try it out, but I have to wait and see money wise. It really is a nice thing that I can shoot with what I have, only thing that is missing is a LH holster, 1 more mag, and I would like to use WWB 100 pack...but hell still hasn't froze over.

You'll be in ESP, but I wouldn't worry about the mods. Although they sound ok. Your first match, just have a good time. Nobody's gonna care that much. They'll just be happy to see a fellow shooter. You might even be able to borrow some gear for the match, I've always found match shooters to be pretty generous and kind.

Have a good time, I know I always do. :cheers:

Kevin

• 1 month later...

All XD's in 9/40 are in ESP. XD's 45 do well in CDP or ESP, just mag capacity and Power Factor difference.

Get a trigger job to take the slack out and improve reset.

Take good care of your mags.

Use good ammo.