Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Question

mb121

Hi everyone first post, but been looking around this site for a few months now. I am currently shooting in production with my Sig 226 but will occasionally shoot my Glock 17, both are stock with no changes. I like my Sig, I prefer the double action to the DAO/Striker fire, but the bore axis is not to my liking. The Glock I don't care for as much, it's one of those guns that just sits around, I can shoot it accurately but the stock sights are lacking and the trigger is not to my liking, also it does not point naturally for me. So I am looking to pick up a new pistol and have thought about a Beretta 92, for many reasons but the most important being that I am in the military and deploying soon so extra trigger time is important to me and I like the Beretta 92/M9. But this leads me to a question, I know that DA pistols must be decocked upon starting but what about a pistol like the 92/M9 which has a decocker/safety? It will have to be decocked but will it have to start on safe as well?

Edited by mb121

Don't have to start with safety engaged if shooting production with a decocking pistol.

8.1.2.2 “Double action” – chamber loaded, hammer fully down or decocked.

Appendix D4

Special conditions:

— Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal.