Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Suggestions?

CMV

While I have a set of Howards mags sold through SC, I decided to buy SV tubes and Bolen springs, followers and base pads. I have not even assembled all of them into mags, but the two I have work, just not nearly as smoothly as my HSMITH mags.

So, my question is: Does anyone have a suggestion as to who to contact about tuning my new mags or should I just store them until Howard goes back to tuning?

Thanks,

Colin

I have a tube here waiting to go back to Shooters Connection for approval. It holds 21 and is 20 reloadable. It is polished inside and out to a high luster. I still have to put the witness holes in it, which I'll probably do tomorrow, and then the etching. I am going to mark it at 10, 15, and 20 rounds and then I'll etch it. I plan to send some to Howard for his approval also.

Critical dimensions are confirmed or corrected in the tube body including the feed lips, everything is deburred, the ribs are shown some attention, then everything is polished. First with 500 grit, then 1500. Here's a few pics...

DSC00228Large.jpg

DSC00230Large.jpg

DSC00233Large.jpg

DSC00244Large.jpg