Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Final Questions About Svi Limited Gun...

PistolPete

I've already ordered my frame which SVI is shipping to me so I can register it and send it back for the build. Living in Massachussetts our laws are terrible about what we can buy so I have to do things a bit different. So when i ship the frame back to SVI I need to give them all the specs I want. I've designed this gun to be similiar to Matt Butketts Limited gun. It has quite a few changes to better suit my needs and/or my likes etc. However, I'm a bit unsure on a few items and am looking for your help to help me decide which parts would be better for me.

you can veiw Matts gun at: www.mattburkett.com

Here is what I'm confused about:

1.) On Matts gun he uses a "Panel cut" for the rear of the slide. Is there a reason for using this versus a standard cut?

2.) His gun also states he has a front slide cut yet in the photo there isn't a slide cut on the front of the slide.

3.) I'm confused about which mag catch to use. matt uses steel, standard. I was thinking of using Stainless Steel 4-40 tap. Any advice on this???

4.) What exactly is an ITI rail cut?

Thanks for all your help.

Pete

1. The "Panel Cut" is the cut in the slide immediately in front of the serrations seen here:

page2f_150_150.jpg

It's pretty much for looks I guess. I find my fingers and thumb tend to go there and maybe it gives the serrations a bit more "bite" because it is recessed. I guess it takes off a fractional bit of weight, but I would go based on looks more than anything. Look around at SV's on the website and wherever you can get pictures and make your decision. Anyone else help on this one?

2. I don't know that the picture Matt used is his actual gun. In fact, I think it came out of the SV catalog.

3. If you want a button, definitely get the 4-40 tapped because the steel is hard and will be difficult to drill and tap yourself at a later date. Just get one in the material you want to match the gun. Either material will make a great mag catch.

4. The ITI rail cut allows an ITI light to be attached to the rail. Like this I am pretty sure:

page16b_375_375.jpg

Hope that helps some and good luck.