Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple of stages

Couple of new stages I've designed and ran this year.

Hot off the table

This was a fun stage that made me wish I shot production instead of open because I think the timing of the reload from the table would have been fun. And yes, there is a way to shoot it without having to stuff mags but was a little risky if you didn't manage your rounds properly.

When we got it on the ground, I made an adjustment by putting a barrel on the right side of the far left popper to force shooters to engage it from the left hand side on the lean.

Stage_3__Bay_3___Hot_off_the_Table_1.doc

Edited by Aristotle

Thunder Alley

This stage was inspired by a stage from the 06' European Championships that fit one of my bays really well. I added partials a semi blocked swinger and foot activator to give this short speed shoot some teeth.

Only issues I had when putting this down were that my wall supports were exposed and were potential trip hazards. We remedied this issue by putting barrels in front of it to remind the shooter, rather than trip them.

Stage_2__Bay_2___Thunder_Alley_F_.doc

Ari,

Cool stage.! Could you store all of your mags at once? Or did you have to keep coming back (if required)?

That is where the fun of the stage was. As MD, I got to go around and watch everyone shoot this stage, some guys stuffed their mags on their belts, which ended up being too slow.

I don't want to ruin this stage for anyone that would like to host it, but there is a way to shoot it without having to stuff mags on your belt if you can manage your shots. Even shooting Single Stack.

This was a stage I heard a lot about through out the match. Shooters either hated it, or loved it. Maybe a little of both. This is actually a take on one of my dry fire drills I do at home.

In my garage I cut out the "Alpha" portion of a target, and put them on target stands to practice shooting through ports. This way it allows me to adjust the height of the ports, and position. To force myself into "leans" I utilize a shooting box to "simulate" a difficult port.

Anyhow, there is also a "flow" in this stage if you can find it. And the position of the shooting box, and "no shoot port" is very specific. As are the partials I put in there. We utilzied 3 different heights on the ports, and put them at varying distances from the shooting box, forcing the shooter to lean in many directions to hit the targets.

I spaced the shooting boxes similarly apart, so there was no "obvious" route to take. But if you see how you have to lean on targets, you can find a happy trail.

Stage_1__Bay_1___Heartless_F__1.doc

A word of caution with utilizing this port technique with no shoots, which was advised to me by one of our veteran shooters, is to make sure to use none scoring borders on the no shoot ports, we accomplished this by putting black tape around the edges of the port. What happened during the match was it rained, and the tape was getting blown off and had to be repeatedly fixed. A better option would have been to use magic marker, as one of our guys advised me initially, but I didn't have a marker handy.

Edited by Aristotle