Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shots go low ?

slickrick

I see it simple, like 2 separate processes: good grip = how fast gun returns to target, good trigger pull = where you will be hitting a target. In real life it is a litlle bit complicated and depends.

OK, I could not wait until saturday so I took a quick trip by the range today. (Still cold and snow..)

By holding the strong hand thumb below the mag release and not really gripping the gun with the thumb, my hits are back where I aim, shooting strong hand.

Holding the gun with both hands and letting the strong hand thumb gently rest on support hand thumb (which lies againts the frame), my hits are where I aim.

I did not have a long session on the range, I shot a couple of mags from fifteen yd on a 8 inch round target and I'm happy with the result.

The gun is still new to me and trigger feel significally different from my 625 and Glock, so I don't expect to be anywhere as accurate as with my other guns yet, but I will get there.

Conclusion:

My POI changes depending on how I grip the gun. That does not mean it's NOT a trigger control thing, they clearly interact.

My use for this gun is not to shoot IPSC, but our "field shoots", I shoot them to keep up my accuracy.

A field shoot is six to ten COF, concisting of six shots fired in 10-18 seconds on multiple targets of different size, color and shape, at distances between ten to sixty yards.

Shooting starts in low ready and shooting stance is SHO or with support hand allowed, all depending on target size, distance and shooting time. Shooting is done in squads of six to ten shooters and the whole thing takes place on or around a shooting range. It's a Nordic discipline and is quite popular, a kind of plinking as a competition. All iron sights, no comps or another fancy guns, and we have divisions for service guns, revlovers, ISSF center fire guns and .22LR cal sport pistols.