Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Class Would This Gun Be In? Limited 10?

SIE107

Well it is fine.. I don't mind having to stay in L10, from my standpoint looking at it as a new player in a new game, I feel that sticking to one division (or in my mind, one discipline), the better off I would be in the long run! The most the mags will hold are 11 rounds.. so having only 10 in them ain't any different to me. I am trying to read as much as I can and absorb it at the same time. I want to thank everyone in helping with this, being a newbie and all.. But at least now, I know where I will be starting when I show up for my first match. Oh By The Way.. I will be shooting in Oak Ridge at ORSA.

With the old rules it was fine in production. Some friends had checked before buying some that were marked as 4006 awhile back. The 2007 area 6 L10 champ( as he like to be called) shot a similar version of that gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote John at u'all's urging.

Here is what I said:

John,

I have aquired a S&W Performance Center 4006 Tactical .40 5" slide, made in 1997.. What division would it be in?

Limited or Limited-10?

Randy

Here is John's response:

Hi Randy,

The 4006 is listed on the approved handguns for Production division, if it is a double action or DA/SA. If it is something different, it can be used in either Limited or Limited 10, there is no difference of guns for either division, just one is 10 rounds only and the other is higher capacity.

John