Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe Storage from Children

BigH

I think it is so very important to take your kids out to the range and set up milk jugs full of water and melons and show them the destruction a gun can do. Also, I agree with some guys here that you need to remove all mystery from guns. I told both my boys that they can hold/handle my guns if they ask me, but never ever without my permission. All my long guns and pistols are in a locked gun cabinet. My carry gun is either on my hip, in the cabinet or at night it is next to our bed.

I too grew up in a home where I knew where all the guns were and where the ammo was. They were not loked up they were mostly in corners in closets. Dad also kept a loaded 12ga by the door and a loaded 45 next to his bed. He used the 12ga more than once in the 70's during the gas shortage when we had folks trying to steel gas from our pump on our farm (he just scared the s%$ out of them by shooting over their heads). I never once thought about touching any without permission. I also, walked along hunting with my dad from the age of six and of course saw what a gun could do to flesh.