Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact xp issue

Hello all,

I have had my pact chronograph xp for over a year with no problems and now have one. When I am printng my strings that I have shot when it gets to shot number 5 in every string the machine stops printing and reboots itself. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I did change the battery so it is not that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rchjr

Hello all,

I have had my pact chronograph xp for over a year with no problems and now have one. When I am printng my strings that I have shot when it gets to shot number 5 in every string the machine stops printing and reboots itself. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I did change the battery so it is not that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rchjr

Call Pact and send it to them for repair.

They have my club timer right now.. doing that same magic reboot issue. Something about the main board.

Hello all,

Thanks,

Rchjr

They have my club timer right now.. doing that same magic reboot issue. Something about the main board.

Mainshootah,

Thanks for the response, but that was the one thing I did not want to do. Do you have any idea how long it will take?

Again........Thanks

Rchjr

Hello all,

Thanks,

Rchjr

Mainshootah,

Thanks for the response, but that was the one thing I did not want to do. Do you have any idea how long it will take?

Again........Thanks

Rchjr

I called today and was told it would be 4 weeks! I voiced my displeasure at the length of time it would be in for repair. I could tell that who ever I was talking too did not give a $hit! He told me that they do not have someone full time for repairs. I have had no problems with this chronograph but have read at all the other problems that people have had with it. I think their customer service is horrible. At this point I do no think I would recommed this product because of their attitude of the length of time it nees to be there for repair.

Rchjr

Edited by Rchjr

I called today and was told it would be 4 weeks! I voiced my displeasure at the length of time it would be in for repair. I could tell that who ever I was talking too did not give a $hit! He told me that they do not have someone full time for repairs. I have had no problems with this chronograph but have read at all the other problems that people have had with it. I think their customer service is horrible. At this point I do no think I would recommed this product becaue oftheir attitude of the length of time it nees to be there for repair.

Rchjr

I'd call and talk to Ronin Coleman. He is the President/CEO. He is an early IPSC shooter from back in the Chippy days. Can't hurt to try talking to the boss about a problem.

• 2 months later...

I had a lot of trouble with my Pact XP. Bought it new from Cabela's in 2006. It worked about half the time right out of the box. I called PACT and was told I needed to download new software for it. ???? Well after about two years of pissin with it I decided to call Cabela's and complain. They took it back, refunded my $$$, and I bought a Chrony Beta Master and haven't looked back since. Overcast, rain, you name it, the Chrony works everytime.