Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 10mm Limited, have a question

I just got a 10mm Limited, and it came with 3 different recoil springs. 2 were in labeled plastic bags (labeled for weight), but there's no mention of the wieght for the one that's in the gun. Has anybody got any idea what it is, and which one should I be using for factory ammo (mostly UMC, but I have 100 rounds of American Eagle)? I can't find any mention of it on EAA's site, or Tanfoglo's (although I had a hard time navigating it). I'll be handloading after I use up the factory ammo I have (about 500 runds), and could use a recomendation for which one to use at that point as well. Any help would be grtly appreciated.

All the factory springs are rated in Kilos. Take the number x 2.2 and you'll get the lbs rating. How the factory rates their springs compared to Wolff I don't know. Since it's not possible to get factory replacement springs and they only come in a few options I use Wolff springs exclusively. When I get a new gun I throw all the factory springs out and replace them with Wolff. That way I know how to set each gun up exactly the same.

For my Limited 40 with a bull barrel I use a Wolff 10lb spring for 170 power factor loads (180gr bullet @ 950fps). That is GREAT for shot-to-shot recover, but a little harder on the gun.

Lot of shooters use 12lb springs for these guns, but I don't like how the gun recoils/feels with a 12lb spring.

For 10mm, a lot of shooters go with the heavy-heavy spring (Wolff 20lbs).

In Wolff I carry everything from 6lb - 20lb springs.

All the factory springs are rated in Kilos. Take the number x 2.2 and you'll get the lbs rating. How the factory rates their springs compared to Wolff I don't know. Since it's not possible to get factory replacement springs and they only come in a few options I use Wolff springs exclusively. When I get a new gun I throw all the factory springs out and replace them with Wolff. That way I know how to set each gun up exactly the same.

For my Limited 40 with a bull barrel I use a Wolff 10lb spring for 170 power factor loads (180gr bullet @ 950fps). That is GREAT for shot-to-shot recover, but a little harder on the gun.

Lot of shooters use 12lb springs for these guns, but I don't like how the gun recoils/feels with a 12lb spring.

For 10mm, a lot of shooters go with the heavy-heavy spring (Wolff 20lbs).

In Wolff I carry everything from 6lb - 20lb springs.

Well I wish I had asked this question before I ordered the mags from you yesterday. :lol:

The ones in the bags were 10lb and 12lb, but I still don't know what the one in the gun is. I'll probably be ordering some springs from you shortly (I forgot to order some slide glide too). Any idea what I should do until I order the new springs?