Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody use a lube die?

steel1212

I've looked at them. I thought it would make a good brass striping tool for pistol caliber, but I don't know what kind of dye to use.

I did a search here on them, some said they were messy to get started, and that you had to use the lube made for them. They sound like a great idea if you ask me. I have one on my wish list for 223.

However, consider what your processing order may be. If you resize then trim, you kinda have to go offline anyway, making the lube die less interesting. I'm thinking about using those special trim-once dies from RCBS, so I can run 223 through my press similar to pistol loads (with no offline processing).

Currently I run .223/.308 through a size die, then my trim die with a 1200 on it then switch tool heads and load on a 550. I was thinking if I had a lube/deprime die in station one, it would lube it for me and the trim die sizes anyway going into the trimmer.

• 1 month later...
Currently I run .223/.308 through a size die, then my trim die with a 1200 on it then switch tool heads and load on a 550. I was thinking if I had a lube/deprime die in station one, it would lube it for me and the trim die sizes anyway going into the trimmer.

i bought one of these yuears ago when they first came out by rcbs,,,,,i either didn't know how to use it or something because i had a bunch of stuck cases.....i used to say the guy that designed it got a commission for each stuck case remover they sold........Dillon spray lube is the way to go.......D I C K