Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to practice question

ap3

I just moved to Martinsburg, WV which is on the eastern panhandle next to Virginia and Maryland. Does anybody know a good place for regular practice. There are USPSA clubs within 20 miles, but I was hoping to find a place that a person could go practice at for a couple of hours after work. Police ranges, rock quarry little used private clubs, etc.. You kow how it is if you go to a public range or club you spend have your time with people wanting to visit about shooting insteas of shooting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Albert

304 579-5061

• 2 months later...
Albert,

Try this site:

http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/map_brand_mm2....SHOOTING_RANGES

It should list what you want.

Alan~^~

Thanks but no luck

I shoot at Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick, MD. It's a little down the road for you, but may do the trick.

www.monocacypistolclub.com

They have dedicated steel and bowling pins ranges as well as paper target only ranges. Steel matches are held almost every weekend and are open to the public if you'd like to check it out.

post-12114-1240234341_thumb.jpg

Karl

One more idea,

Leetown Gun Club is an Izaak Walton League range in Inwood, WV. They're East of I81, exit 5.

You can only shoot paper there, but they have up to 25 yard pistol, plus 100, and 200 yard rifle ranges as well as Skeet, Trap, and 3D Aarchery shooting.

Guests are welcome for skeet, trap, and archery. If you come out on a Sunday 9am - 3pm, you can look around and meet the people there. Skeet's in the morning, trap in the afternoon.

The address for mapquest is:

10435 Leetown Rd

Kearneysville, WV

Bill Turner does membership, his number is: (304) 725-6909

Best of luck,

Karl

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome thanks for the help. I found a brand new gun club in my search for practice that is just sout of Charles town. It is www.340defense.com It has a 400 yard rifle range and three pistol bays of 15, 150 and 100 yards. The fellow that just started it has never shot IPSC before but id very interested in getting it started and has a real high interest in 3 gun matches.