Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best magwell for single stack

Txshooter524

First are the techwell xt size magwells legal in SS? Second who makes something like it you could use with any other grip that doesnt' utilize their grip lock on method?

Thanks

Yes, they are legal if your gun fits in the box. If you have a very tall rear sight, or something along those lines it's going to be close. I trimmed some off the bottom of mine so that it cleared the box with a little more room to spare and it makes seating mags easier. You don't have to use their grips, but you can't use wood. They'll cut other types of hard grips (laminates etc) to work with the funnel.

Other than the Techwell, the SV unit is probably the closest thing. You can use any grip with it, but they take a bit of effort to fit and they're not cheap. R,

The XT is legal for SS for size. It is tight in the box with a bomar rear depending on your zero, but a few minutes with a file and you are fine for box start's. Weight is something else and depends on your gun's setup. Before the XT, I had an S&A on my stainless 5" and it was fine at 38.41 ounces. Regular guide rod, gunners grips, aluminum MSH.

Forum Dealer Kevin Greeley is modifying Gunners grips to work with the XT on my gun, so all should be well.