Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BIG DAWG steel match- Iowa

Great match, as always.

I wish today with the open/limited gun would have worked out better than it did... lol

Thanks to Doug, Jim, John, the stats ladies, and Doc and Esther Stock for this years large prize table. Also thanks to all sponsors that donated prizes to the prize table.

Craig

Sigh..... :wacko: Another year is in the books..... :cheers:

110 shooters fired a minimum of 55,000 rounds from Thursday through Saturday at 15 challenging Steel stages. We then had a Man on Man match today, splitting up Open from Limited on different bays.

The two winners, Dwight Stearns (Open) battled a loose scope mount against Greg Martin(Limited) for the best out of 7 bouts. Greg Martin showed great consistency and was the overall victor today~! Congratuations to him and all the other competitors.

A big thanks to the Borre family for the choice meat cuts they brought, and to the Theno and Lindner families for their food donations as well. Hard to complain when you can eat all the brats, dogs, and butterfly pork loins for $3.00 4 days in a row!

Congrats out to Craig Tappe (CJDOUBLETAP), who was the high junior shooter, and his brother Phillip (nub) didnt do too shabby either...... :cheers:

Here are the Top ten finishers for the following categories. I dont have a pdf. file of the match yet, but when I do I will attach it.

Limited Open Junior High Lady Stock Revo Open Revo

Emanuel Bragg Dwight Stearns Craig Tappe Sheila Hoekstra Jess Christensen Tom Blizzard

Dwight Stearns Brian Pearce Brian Green

Greg Martin Greg Blough Phillip Tappe

Doug Carden Sherwyn Greenfield

Craig Tappe Doug Carden

Greg Blough Nick Greenfield

Dwight Parker Greg Martin

Bob Jensen David Blough

Chris Strabala Jay Tappe

Mike Carmoney Lassa Borre

I want to personally thank Jim Hamilton and John Latty for their continuing work on this match. It is a year round thing, and we are fortunate to have people of this caliber that are willing to give their time to this match.

Another round of thanks has to go to Doc and Esther Stock. Thanks to them we had a prize table valued at over $10,000 dollars and raffled off a donated shotgun from FN~! Congrats to Chris Martin, who is a devout shotgunner. It couldnt have been a more appropriate winner!

I am toast, so if I left someone out, I apologize.

We will have the results posted on the website with updated pictures and from what I was told some video as well.

Thanks to all for a great match and experience!

DougC