Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battered Slide Stop

PaperHater

I couldn't find any other posts on this so I had to register so I could ask yous guys.

I've got an SV factory gun, .40, long dustcover, bull bbl, etc. I'm the second owner the first owner used it as his back up and put a couple thousand rounds through it.

When I got it everything was perfect. In testing some mags I shot the gun to slide lock maybe 10-15 times and when I cleaned it I noticed the slide stop getting battered. I know a picture would be worth a thousand words here but I don't have a DC so I'll have to take the "thousand words" aproach.

The back of the slide stop (just above the plunger) where it contacts the notch in the slide is getting beat up and in turn is messing up the notch in my pretty hard-chromed slide. It's not bad but it's noticable. It's not getting a lot worse but then I've probably only shot to slide lock antother 10 times since I noticed it. Hopefully it's one of those things that reaches a certain point then stops but it still bugs me, especially the buggered up notch in the slide.

Would you recomend a new slide stop, or just leave it alone? I'm using a shock-buff if that makes any difference.

One thing that makes me feel better is the pictures of Brian's SV in the last Front Sight. That's about the fugliest gun I've ever seen, he wasn't kidding when he said he's a shooter not a cleaner. :)

• 2 weeks later...