Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release for Gold Team

Jeff686

I was on Eric Grauffel's web page today and saw the extended mag release for the Tanfoglio. I have small hands and always wanted an extended release (like my 1911). Anyone try one of these? Do you think they would work with Henning's grips?

I know I can grind off the mag release checkering, then tap and drill for a 1911 extension, but I'd rather have something more elegent.

Anyone know if Henning is going to carry these?

extended_mag_release.jpg

I have seen these put on the old p9 guns years back. You have to put a slot on the wood grip

to accomodate the extended release. In terms of the aluminum Henning grips, you would have to

put a slot so that there is a space for the mag release to be pushed. PERSONALLY, I would just

weld and add metal to the existing mag release and grind off to fit my hand, then finish off with

a checkering.

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone is considering buying one...

I tried one in my Gold Team 38 super large frame. It didn't fit very well, and never worked right. I tried to get it working, and even spent hours with my local gunsmith. Although it did function, I was not satisifed with the result. Any forces on the extension other than perpendicular to the frame caused the release severly bind and not depress. When my thumb comes down from the safety (where it rides when shooting), I can't help but press the button down as well as in.

The factory original works best. I just wish it was easier to drill/tap for a button.