Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.223 bullets from scharch

TXMXRACER

Anyone using the ammo can kits from scharch? Looks like a good way to go but not sure how good the bullets are. Ive been using the hornady 55 fmj and am curious if these are the same quality.

thanks,

shane

Edited by TXMXRACER

Not sure about theirs, but I recently got several thousand of the Montana Gold 55gr FMJ-BT and have been very pleased with the consistency of them. I had some Winchesters that had variances in their profile which resulted in OALs that were from 2.245 - 2.275. The longer ones were hanging up in my P-Mags. The MGs are cheaper and more consistent (for me).

Not sure about theirs, but I recently got several thousand of the Montana Gold 55gr FMJ-BT and have been very pleased with the consistency of them. I had some Winchesters that had variances in their profile which resulted in OALs that were from 2.245 - 2.275. The longer ones were hanging up in my P-Mags. The MGs are cheaper and more consistent (for me).

High Lord Gomer...are talking about OAL of bullets or loaded ammo? I have yet to see a 223 "bullet" this long:-) If you are having OAL problems with "reloading" the Winchester bullet I would fire the handle puller. You may want to change the bullet seater die which could solve/help with this problem.

Small drift but don't draw conclusions of one bullet maker over another, just state the facts and explain how and why. Good points HLG!

Thanks,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

I probably shouldn't have copied and pasted that statement from an email I had sent to a friend about my comparative results when reloading with MG bullets vs Winchester bullets. The real point was that MGs are cheaper than those listed on the other site and I have been very pleased with them.