Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whip City Shooters

Dennis Sherman

Was wondering if anyone had any updates about the status of the Westfield club in terms of USPSA/IDPA match's in 2009. I made it out to Chris and Judith's IDPA program once this summer and it was first class. They both of course are very great shooters in thier own right and very helpful to others getting started. I was curious if things have settled since the terrible incident this past fall.

I spoke with Judith a few weeks ago, and she did not have any news to report at the time.

The terrible incident was the death of an 8 year old shooting a Micro-Uzi at a machine gun exhibition/shoot held at the club and run by a company owned by a small town police chief in MA. Neither Judith, nor any other members of here USPSA group at Westfield, were not involved in any aspect of running that event.

Hi Rob,

Pretty sure I was asking about the 2009 USPSA/IDPA shooting season at Westfield, not as to whom was running the event when the child was killed. While you are here, as the area 7 director, do you think it is reasonable that local USPSA match's have the results available within 3 weeks?

Dennis

I spoke with Judith a few weeks ago, and she did not have any news to report at the time.

The terrible incident was the death of an 8 year old shooting a Micro-Uzi at a machine gun exhibition/shoot held at the club and run by a company owned by a small town police chief in MA. Neither Judith, nor any other members of here USPSA group at Westfield, were not involved in any aspect of running that event.

Edited by Dennis Sherman

Dennis - I know what *YOU* were asking and, if your message had been an email or private communication, would have stuck to the question asked.

BUT.... this is a public forum frequented by our members and a post such as yours will raise two obvious questions in the minds of many of our members visiting this forum - specifically, "what happened" and "were our members involved". It was those other readers, and not yourself, to whom I directed the additional info.

As to results ....

I personally consider three weeks excessive (I'd even consider anything over a week excessive), especially since the internet means there is no "delivery delay". The clubs out here in the eastern parts tend to have results out within a few days (in many cases, the same day as the match). What did the club president say when you asked about his policy on the timeframe for match results?

Rob,

Sorry for my comments, and I understand what you are saying. I will PM the details about the results, in kind.

Dennis

Dennis - I know what *YOU* were asking and, if your message had been an email or private communication, would have stuck to the question asked.

BUT.... this is a public forum frequented by our members and a post such as yours will raise two obvious questions in the minds of many of our members visiting this forum - specifically, "what happened" and "were our members involved". It was those other readers, and not yourself, to whom I directed the additional info.

As to results ....

I personally consider three weeks excessive (I'd even consider anything over a week excessive), especially since the internet means there is no "delivery delay". The clubs out here in the eastern parts tend to have results out within a few days (in many cases, the same day as the match). What did the club president say when you asked about his policy on the timeframe for match results?