Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A match-up I am really looking foreword to

I don't know about the rest of you in cyber-land, but I am really looking foreword to 2009 and a match up of two very competitive ladies.

Julie Goloski VS Jessie Abbate.

This is, of course, assuming Julie will be back in 2009 after having her baby this year..

Think of the story line. The two most accomplished production shooters to be in our sport, competing against one another.

Julie switching ships from one flying the Glock flag to the Smith and Wesson.

Jessie coming in to some big shoes with Julies accomplishments and doing a darn fine job herself this year.

Any ideas on who you all think could/would take this years titles? For me it is a complete flip of a coin as to who would best the other on any given day.

I just hope Julie will be back this year.

I just read tonight Julie Golob (Goloski) plans on coming back to the sport in 2009. This is going to be a ton of fun to watch this match up progress thru this year. Both are excellent shooters.

I just love the story line in this match up.

I thought Jessie was shooting primarily Limited now and Randi Rogers was shooting Production.

Jessie shot Limited in the Lim/Pro Nationals. 66th place and 75% of Travis Tomasie

Randi shot Production and was 52nd shooting 69% of Bob V.

Both were high lady.

Either way Julie has competition if she shoots in Prod or Limited.

Jessie also shot in the Lim10 Nats. shooting major and beat Randi by 5% shooting minor.

Eventually they'll meet up somewhere. My money is on Julie!

• 2 weeks later...

Just seeing this thread. Thanks for all the nice comments! I am definitely looking forward to competing this year. I don't anticipate as much travel as I have in the past being a mom and all, but I do hope to shoot several majors this year.

As for the match up, Jessie and Randi are both very talented. It will be a challenge to compete against them, but is always a pleasure to shoot with them. It's wonderful to see so many new young faces in the sport pushing the envelope. I hope we can help influence even more women to the game.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Julie