Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arm Extension

JThompson

I keep elbows bent a lot more than I see some shooters use. I shoot open mostly and I thought this gave be better recoil control. As some of you may have read, I cracked a slide and am shooting some production filling the time waiting on my open to be fixed.

Anyway, I was at the range tonight and working on getting to know my new Tanfo Stock. It's a lovely little gun Matt used to own. The trigger is about 2.5 and 4. I was having a hard time picking up the iron fron, so I got one of Henning's new sights. Love it by the way... nice job Henning. I installed the beast, raised the elevation 6 clicks and was in business. HEY! It looks like a dot...!

I worked from back at 25yds and was having a hard time getting the gun to come back without a lot of input. I tried a lot of dif grips and was still slower than I would like to come back. I went back to the old Jarret video on Youtube where he shows the guy proper shoulder and elbow position. (A lot straighter than I have my elbows... almost locked) I thought what the hell. I dropped my shoulders and relaxed. I brought the gun straight up just rotating my shoulders. Hips and shoulders square to the target... I watched that video so many times I could hear Todd speaking in my ear. after 5-6 raising and lowering I engaged a plate rack from 25yds. Damned if the thing didn't drop right back down and I mowed them things down like I was using an open. Damn! Now I'm going to have to rethink my entire setup... I continued to group very well and saw the splits decrease slightly, but I was working so damn hard to drive the gun and the groups looked great. There was a lot less of the Alpha Charlie syndrome. I'm not sure if my shoulder and wrist will let me shoot like this. I doubt that I can take that hit so much on those to joints. I'm going to work with it though. There is a lot of accuracy and time there. The shoulder feels like hammered shit already, so I doubt I will be able to continue....

I thought I would put that out there for some of you who really bend your elbows a lot. You may want to look hard at straightening them out. Imagine that, TJ knows what he's talking about.... go figure. :unsure: