Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem .223 at Wally world

Went to Wally world to buy some .223 ammo and I bought some federal 100 packs, actually bought them out. Then started looking at the Remington .223 to buy, and the guy at the counter, who happens to be Eric Warren's Dad, here in Katy(small world) said that they had a guy come into the store really upset that out of the 300rds of remington he had 8 misfires. I am glad he told me

So anyways, I started looking at the bullets and you could obviously see oal length differences in the bullets, not to mention primers that were colored a little different. Thats all I need is an overpressured load in my AR, Looks like someone's not doing there job there in quality control.

Just a heads up

Sean

Thanks Sean!

I picked up some of the Remington 50 round bulk packs for plinkin'/short range loads for Ft. Benning. They were well under an inch shooting the JPoint off of bags. Much better with my primary optic. Can't find one freakin' dealer in the area that sells Black Hills. Forcing me to setup my other press for like 100 rounds!

Rich

Our team had training one day with our .308s

ONe guy squeezes off and I notice no "bang" and he fingering the weapon.

I say let it lay a minute.

After the min I say re-bolt and try it again.....I'm thinking maybe a hard primer............. maybe the bolt was not closed all the way for the first try.....

He does so and audible click is heard.

Wait a min then open bolt eject round and NO primer.

None. Missing from the word go.

Federal Gold Medal Match ammo.

That same day we have another one......no primer.

Someone must have been sleeping the day they made that lot #.

JK

Edited by JKSNIPER

• 4 weeks later...

I've shot about 500 rounds or more of the Remington in the last few months and haven't seen any problems yet. In fact, it's the most accurate of the cheap stuff in my rifle. I have about 1000 left. I'll post any problems I encounter here.

I was in Katy for a couple weeks this November. I was stopping at lots of Walmarts from Katy to Illinois to get .223 and there wasn't much.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of loose Federal primers.. my buddy got a case of XM193C (NATO, crimped right?) and the primers have been falling out, causing no end of frustration in picking them out of the lugs.

On inspection, the primer pockets are simply too large/loose -- a new SR primer can fall in and fall out. No signs of overpressure, so what gives?

The crimp -- it does nothing.