Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Match--taller front sight?

ammodave

I'm converting a Millett rear sight to fit my Witness match and I need a taller front sight. Does anybody sell a front sight for the Witness that's taller than the stock .15" sight or am I going to have to fab my own?

Nevermind...

Edited by JThompson

I removed the stock front sight and it's actually about .175" high. The Millett rear sight (because its pivot point is fwd of the dovetail cut) must be mounted a little higher than the stock LPA sight to clear the slide. This will require a front sight at least .275" high to zero the sights. I've already made one to fit but I'd prefer a nice serrated front to reduce the glare on the sight. Did Tanfoglio use the same front on the old Supersight that they're using now?

Dave

Measure the sight from the flat top to the very top (only the visible post, no the part that sits into the slide).

Tanfoglio over the years have made several heights (0.125, 0.150 and 0.200), but 0.150 are available as factory sights to buy at the moment. The Match 'typically' come with a 0.125" tall sight whereas the Limited comes with a 0.150".

My sight 0.165" is measured as the post only, not including the dovetail attachment part. I'm using the fiber 90 sight right now and I'm not experiencing any glare, but in the next batch of sights we will incorporate 40lpi serrated lines. Eventually a 0.095" and 0.105" wide post will be available.

I have the 90 x 165 fiber available in my store right now (just got resupplied). I may have a 125 x 200 flat black (maybe with serrations) somewhere, but I will have to look when I'm back.

Drop me an email to me at henningshootsguns dot com if you'd like. I'm out of the country till the 28th so my cell is no good here in New Zealand. I do have a NZ cell: 011 64 21 2597985 if you want to try it. I will be shooting the third and last day of the NZ nationals today so if you don't get an answer just keep trying. I may be running around in a jungle run spraying bullets...