Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Zealand National IPSC Championships

So, I'm not a big fan of the IPSC world matches and skipped Bali. Instead I went to New Zealand right after Area 2 with my girlfriend Emma and buddy Eddie (visiting from Norway and also shot Area 2).

We're in Rotorua which is in the center of the North Island. If you could ever pick a beautiful place to hold a match, this is it. Lots of lush vegetation, nice spring temperatures and not too hot. It's a small turn out by US standards, about 115 shooters total with a few from Australia and Asia plus me and Eddie. It's super laid back down here, everybody is nice and we're having a blast.

The quality of the stages are outstanding. They've put up 18 stages and about 350 rounds. It's a three day match, with 6 stages per day. A couple of quickie stages today followed by 32 round house clearings and a massive jungle run. All very high quality and a blast to shoot. Been shooting pretty good. The funniest thing was on the jungle run where I lost my footing on a 180 turn and was super close to falling on my face (shoes gave in to the loose gravel). Blasted 4 shots at the 2 close targets while trying to regain my balance. Shot the targets while holding the gun nowhere near my line of sight. Got the shots off in general direction which resulted in 3 D's and a Mike, ha ha. Just glad I didn't end on my face.

Tomorrow we're shooting several speed shoots and when the day is over we'll have a BBQ and do a paintball battle.

When we're done Sunday we'll start a week n half sightseeing. Lots to see and do in New Zealand. We want to go swim with the dolphins, scuba diving, kayaking and drink lots and lots of margaritas on the beach.

If there's any place they SHOULD have the world shoot, this would be it !

post-3780-1226637622_thumb.jpg

So, I'm not a big fan of the IPSC world matches and skipped Bali. Instead I went to New Zealand right after Area 2 with my girlfriend Emma and buddy Eddie (visiting from Norway and also shot Area 2).

We're in Rotorua which is in the center of the North Island. If you could ever pick a beautiful place to hold a match, this is it. Lots of lush vegetation, nice spring temperatures and not too hot. It's a small turn out by US standards, about 115 shooters total with a few from Australia and Asia plus me and Eddie. It's super laid back down here, everybody is nice and we're having a blast.

The quality of the stages are outstanding. They've put up 18 stages and about 350 rounds. It's a three day match, with 6 stages per day. A couple of quickie stages today followed by 32 round house clearings and a massive jungle run. All very high quality and a blast to shoot. Been shooting pretty good. The funniest thing was on the jungle run where I lost my footing on a 180 turn and was super close to falling on my face (shoes gave in to the loose gravel). Blasted 4 shots at the 2 close targets while trying to regain my balance. Shot the targets while holding the gun nowhere near my line of sight. Got the shots off in general direction which resulted in 3 D's and a Mike, ha ha. Just glad I didn't end on my face.

Tomorrow we're shooting several speed shoots and when the day is over we'll have a BBQ and do a paintball battle.

When we're done Sunday we'll start a week n half sightseeing. Lots to see and do in New Zealand. We want to go swim with the dolphins, scuba diving, kayaking and drink lots and lots of margaritas on the beach.

If there's any place they SHOULD have the world shoot, this would be it !

Great except you are in the Wrong Island but then I am biased

• 1 month later...
Darwin? If Mick is involved it will rock. Now If you could hurry the trip a bit... What are the dates?

Joel

Mick will be involved, I'm sure. Even if it's just to help hold the Bar up. :cheers:

Main Match 10-12 May 2009

Pre-match to Presentation Dinner & Shootoffs 08-13 May 2009

Cheers, Ando.