Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team grips for my Birthday!

Jeff686

Thanks to my wife for finally buying me something I wanted!!

Thanks to Henning for making them.

I just got a set of Henning's grips for my Gold Team!! Good thing too, because I accidentally messed up my old grips with Action Blaster (softened the epoxy putty).

Now, I've been searching for better grip screws. I really hate the black slotted ones that came with the gun. I've tried the usual places, but no one can match the size/thread count.

Anyone know the specs for this screw? Is it something really odd? Anyone ever re-dril and tap for a more common size?

Thanks!

Hey Jeff

Happy birthday !

Glad you got them, she bought them for you a while ago ;-)

I know what you're saying about the screws, I hate them myself. Problem is that what we need is a metric M3.5 screw. I found some at the hardware store, but they're the same head diameter and phiips. So not a good alternative.

Originally I talked to a screw maker guy and I can get them made EXACTLY the way I really want them... allen head screw, small head and stainless. So that's all fine and dandy, but it'll cost me $1-2000 to have them made. All depending on how many of course, but without making a bunch of them the piece cost will be very high.

I know that we can get these types of screws in Europe and I've had several people looking for me, but noone can reliable come up with a source. I'm gonna make a call to Tom, he sent me some he got from Europe I think..

• 1 month later...