Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need FFL dealer help in Abilene

One of my wife's friends in Abilene. TX lost her husband. The guy did gunsmithing work, had a class III license apparently, and left behind a bunch of guns and tools. No idea what or how many as of yet. She wants to sell them and called us since she know I shoot a lot and thought I could help. She says he built some guns himself and there is full auto stuff she thinks. We'll probably make a trip out there soon to see what she has. I'd like to be able to refer her to an FFL dealer out there who could assist with selling things. I'd hate to see her get taken by somebody low-balling everything though. CDNN Investments is out there, but that's about all I know of and I don't know if they could help or not. Anyone out in that neck of the woods got any suggestions?

Mike, I haven't been back to Abilene much since my Mom passed in 2004. There was an indoor range and gun store, Abilene Indoor Range. It's changed hands since I frequented it. There's only one gun store proper. It's not a big outfit. All the rest are pawn shops.

Your best bet is to email the president of the Coleman Gun Club, Dale Alcorn http://www.colemangc.org/contact/contactmain.htm. Last I knew he lived just outside of Abilene and may know someone.