Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Classic Turret Press

I have a Lee Classic Turret press which up until now has been performing admirably. Recently it has become somewhat sloppy in that it will not stop directly over the die and I have to give it a nudge and this is almost everytime. It is stopping just slightly short of the mark. Is there any adjustment I can make to get it back on track? Thanks in advance

I have a Lee Classic Turret press which up until now has been performing admirably. Recently it has become somewhat sloppy in that it will not stop directly over the die and I have to give it a nudge and this is almost everytime. It is stopping just slightly short of the mark. Is there any adjustment I can make to get it back on track? Thanks in advance

Yes. This used to happen to me a lot. You have to adjust the spindle and plastic ratchet nut that turns the turret. I don't remember the exact procedure, but if you take it apart and examine the spindle assembly you'll see how it works. It is not obvious how to adjust it because I think some of it is friction fit.

I seem to remember you could do something simple, like turn the turret backwards when at the top of the stroke or something like that.

If I have a chance to go out and look at mine, I'll post again. Right now, I'm flat on my back with lower back injury.

Sorry I can't be more specific.