Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns helped make 'em famous but now they work against us

kimel

I am a classic movie fan and have a lot of respect for some of those whom have dedicated their lives to telling stories to us on the big and little screens.

I strongly dislike, to the point of almost hating, a few VERY well known actors who were perfectly happy to be portrayed on the big and little screen with all manner of firearms as long as they were being paid the big bucks. Many of these people helped popularize various parts of the "gun culture" (think we would have SASS without all the western movies and TV shows?) and then turn around and try to kill off the very thing that helped make them disgustingly wealthy.

Many (but certainly not all) are/were enormously talented actors. Many were/are also amazingly giving in terms of their humanitarian work which makes disliking them even more unpleasant.

Talk about being hypocrites!

Guess not everyone can be a Chuck Heston or Tom Selleck and take a personal stand that is consistent with their on screen image. Or have the guts to stand up against the liberal media overlords even if it does potentially lessen or even threaten their careers.

I hate having to hate actors whose body of work is so incredible. I hate having to feel like a hypocrite myself when I watch one of their projects or even buy a jar of my favorite spaghetti sauce.

America is what America is. America was built with firearms. Americans remain free because of firearms. America has been entertained by movies with firearms in them for 100 years. America IS firearms. Americans are free to own firearms and protect themselves.

Don't like it? Feel free to leave. And don't forget to renounce your citizenship on the way out. I am sure some firearm hating country would love to have you.

Have fun trying to protect yourself with that sharp stick.