Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accupoint TR21 can't get enough eye relief, even with LARUE SPR-

Derek45

Is it possible that there might be something wrong with the scope (I'm NOT saying Trijicon is putting out bad gear, but no one bats 1.000)? It looks in your nose-to-handle pic you are right in the 3.4-4.8" eye relief range. In the 2nd pic, it appears you are 6" or more.

Do you have a chance to try another TR21R?

I emailed Trijicon, with the 2 pics above, and they said send it in to be checked out. :cheers:

Dave,

I ran into the same issue with every TR21 I've looked through. I doubt there's anything wrong with his scope. The eye relief that the manufacturers list is more of a guide line than anything else. What is actually needed is going to vary based on each individuals eye sight. The way his eyes are working with the scope requires a good amount of eye relief.

I hope you're wrong, but I suspect you're exactly right.

Too bad LARUE doesn't make an SPR-EEEEEEEEE mount

I have had the same problem. I use an Accuracy Speaks top rail with my Accupoint. I think they call it a Scout Rail, but is covers the whole top of the receiver and extends over the handguard. It is heavy, but gives enough eye relief and is VERY stable. I would not recommend attaching an optic to the receiver and the front handguard. There will be some flex if you squeeze down on the sling. This is the reason for a free float tube.

Friday Morning I received a nice call From Eric at Trijicon. :cheers:

He stated the scope had about 5" of eye relief, which he said was within specs.

This is the Gentleman who I emailed earlier with pics of me, mounting the rifle, one with my nose to the charging handle, and one with my head cranked back enough to get eye relief.

He's who suggested I send it in to be checked out. I had a feeling the scope would check out OK, because it's brand new.

Eric suggested trading it in for an ACOG or getting an extended rail.

I told him I loved the scope, and thanked him for Trijicon's support of 3-Gun, and more importantly, our Military. :cheers:

I expect to have it back in a few days.

JP and Mark LaRue seem to be right, bridging the gap with the tube mounted rail opened up my groups with horizonal stringing.

At this point I guess I'll either

1. buy an A.R.M.S #36 S- EX extended mount and rings.

2. sell the TR21R and try someting else.

Thank You TRIJICON for the excellent service.