Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 650 and the EGW 9mm sizing die

Since this die is .001 tighter and doesn't have a flare at the bottom of the die like the Dillion sizing die is there anything I should be aware of after I install it. Such as any feeding issues. Without that flare I'm wondering if I'm going to have to constantly move the case around with my fingers to get them to feed in the die. Just trying to cover all bases. This is my first EGW die.

Since this die is .001 tighter and doesn't have a flare at the bottom of the die like the Dillion sizing die is there anything I should be aware of after I install it. Such as any feeding issues. Without that flare I'm wondering if I'm going to have to constantly move the case around with my fingers to get them to feed in the die. Just trying to cover all bases. This is my first EGW die.

I load 9, 38SC, and 40 on a 650 with EGW. I found, when I set the bullet for seating in the case, hold the bullet keeping pressure on the shellplate and 99.9% of the cases will feed.

I have the dillon sizer in station 1 and the egw die in station 2 without the decapper. The dillon die in stage 1 helps with the initial alignment. The powder drop needs to be moved to station 3 thereby losing the powder check function.