Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Itunes Audiobook question

I have just started playing with audiobooks on my Ipod and am having a bit of a problem. The books I have were downloaded off the internet, not Itunes and originally came in mp3 format. I converted them to m4b but they are multiple files for each chapter. Are the normal Itunes books just one file for the whole book? That would seem easier to navigate in the ipod verses the hundreds of files I currently have. Thanks

Adam

I have just started playing with audiobooks on my Ipod and am having a bit of a problem. The books I have were downloaded off the internet, not Itunes and originally came in mp3 format. I converted them to m4b but they are multiple files for each chapter. Are the normal Itunes books just one file for the whole book? That would seem easier to navigate in the ipod verses the hundreds of files I currently have. Thanks

Adam

Would building a playlist help?

• 5 months later...
I don't think so because the files are still listed individually. That is what I am trying to eliminate. One book is over 330 tracks long.

Adam

If you select all of the files in iTunes, then right click and select get info, under the options tab there is a media kind box. If you change the media kind to audio book it will place it in the Audiobook container on itunes which then treats the files like one book and will allow you to play them as one file. You might also want to select "remember playback position" and "part of a Gap-less album" when doing this to make it less of a head-ache. I have done this with several audio books that I have ripped from the cd. Much easier to listen to and will allow you to stop listening and return at the same place after stopping.

Jeff