Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold custom V12

chris223

The extractor should work as-is for .38 Super Comp. If you want that extra margin of error then you can file it down a little (about 0.005", I think)

Henning has some details on this on the Tech section of his web-site.

Other than that you shouldn't need to change anything. Get your mags/springs etc. from Henning. They work, out of the box. The most important thing is to get the load right for absolute reliability. There are several posts in the EAA / Tanfoglio Shop forum, most important of which is to use RN bullets and get the OAL right.

Hi,

i will receive my tanfoglio eric 2007 gold custom in few week.

What are the necessary upgrade to do it very reliable ?

Furthermore, i will shoot 38 super comp.....Do i need to change the extractor ?

Thank

really out of the box you will not have to do much.... you will need to tune the extractor for supercomp. here is the link.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech....extractor.html

You might want to change out the recoil spring to a 10lb but its mostly feel you are going for...

All the other tuning and mods you cant do wont help with reliability as much as make the pistol fit you better..

You also should stick to round nose bullets they feed much better are more reliable then hp's..

Good luck.

Leo

Ok

eric say to use 9mm extractor for 38 rimless. What do you think ?

My mags will come from factory (i live in europe)...What do you think about using Grams follower with spring in factory magazine ?

Thank

I have always used 38 super and tuned it. No real reason to buy a 9mm if you have one that will work.

If you are not using Henning's 141 base pads you will have to cut some coils off the 11coil grams. But they will work.. with 141 pads I get 24 rounds in them. and 29 in my big sticks with 13 coil grams.

Leo

I have also read, that the ambi safety is better suited for large hand & long fonger.....Why ? is the design really different ?

I don't think that at all. I have small hands and I love the over sized ambi safety thats on the gold teams and the limited's. The safety is much like a Swenson and I like those too..

Leo

My advice is to shoot the hell out of it and touch nothing unless needed! ;) You start tweaking this and that and before you know it you have problems. Get to know the gun the way it is from the factory... then when you make a change you can have a point of reference. Also, do one thing at a time... there's a lot less troubleshooting that way. I can't tell you how many times I watch guys rack the slides on guns for verious problems. Almost to a man they are the ones that must "tinker" with a gun. Shoot the damn thing and see how it goes before you mess with it. You may have some minor issues with a new gun too. Get a couple thou down the pipe before you think there is something wrong. I don't mean something drastic, but the occasional jam can and might happen until everything gets seated in.

Edited by JThompson

My advice is to shoot the hell out of it and touch nothing unless needed! ;) You start tweaking this and that and before you know it you have problems. Get to know the gun the way it is from the factory... then when you make a change you can have a point of reference. Also, do one thing at a time... there's a lot less troubleshooting that way. I can't tell you how many times I watch guys rack the slides on guns for verious problems. Almost to a man they are the ones that must "tinker" with a gun. Shoot the damn thing and see how it goes before you mess with it. You may have some minor issues with a new gun too. Get a couple thou down the pipe before you think there is something wrong. I don't mean something drastic, but the occasional jam can and might happen until everything gets seated in.

I totally agree! Even for the magazines. Run them factory original for a while.

Get the extractor setup properly.

Adjust the take-up and over-travel screw on the trigger.

Go shoot! Make sure there is nothing wrong.

Here's a list of the common modifications:

Light hammer spring (better trigger)

Extra long firing pin (more reliable ignition with light spring)

Light main spring (adjust to your favorite recoil feel)

New grips (Henning's look cool)

Trigger job with EGW hammer/sear (even better trigger)

Side Winder Slide Racker (if the factory one is too low)