Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gr FMJ in CDP

kimberacp

knowing how soft a 230 FMJ with Clays shoots, I wanted something with a alittle more snap or punch to feel more like a 40 cal.

Has anyone here try 200 FMJ with TG powder in CDP. Would like to hear some thoughts.

thanks

knowing how soft a 230 FMJ with Clays shoots, I wanted something with a alittle more snap or punch to feel more like a 40 cal.

Has anyone here try 200 FMJ with TG powder in CDP. Would like to hear some thoughts.

thanks

I had trouble making Major with Clays and a 200gr Jacketed bullet, with Lead it shot well and I still use it. I would check out N320 if you want more snap, or AA#2. #2 feels great but you have to be careful with it because the pressure in it drops as the ammo gets hotter so you need to check your load more often before major matches where you may be Chronograph. N320 feels about the same as #2 and is not as temp sensitive but it is $$ and to me there was more muzzle blast.

Its not what you asked about, but the very flattest shooting load I have found is a 230gr jacketed bullet and 4.2gr of N310.

You might have more luck asking the question over in Reloading/45ACP

thanks

You will notice more snap with the 200 and TG.

My bet is you will go back to the Clays and 230's like I did!!!