Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Division Question

Turtle

I've read a lot of old posts and asked a few people that I shoot with locally, but I'll put this out here anyway. I'd like to run a lighter (wolff 12lb) recoil spring in my Glock 22 for production. I have a stainless guide rod with which to do it with, but is it USPSA Production legal? The load I'v been using is about 138 pf and if I go any lower with the factory 17lb spring, the gun will not cycle. Before I get the gun dialed in with a lighter load that won't work with the factory part, I'd like a definate answer on the legality of this. Thanks.

Right. You can change to stuff inside the gun.

The only thing to look for is that the gun can't be more than 2 oz. heavier than stock. (You should be safe with a steel rod...even tungsten keeps you under that limit, I think.)

Oh...I don't think you can remove material to make the gun ligher either (like lightening the slide by removing interior metal).

That's what I thought. Thanks a lot for the replys and the info. I'll get to work at the loading bench, the Nat's are right around the corner. Safe travels and good luck to those who are going.

The tungston guide rod for my Beretta is 59 grams, which is 3 grams over the 2 ounce weight, but when you subtract the weight of the original, it leave you well within the 2 ounce limit. Can't say how things will be with other brands. YMMV

B)