Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2003 Ohio State Idpa Championship

For those of you that were put off by some of the previous Ohio State IDPA matches you missed a gem of a match this year. Clearly, you must have underestimated the planning and dedication of the Fort Harmar Rifle Club and their friends in the Ohio River valley.

It would be an injustice for me to try to remember the names of all the fine folks in the green shirts (RO's, SO's, coordinators, advisors, artists, wives, statisticians, and behind the scenes personnel) that help bring this match together but I have to say THANKS for putting on one well-oiled and enjoyable match.

For starters:

- Prompt shooters meeting at 0800 with explanations of the day’s events and the expectations for the shooters. Squads that shot together moved together and stayed together – SMOOTH.

- Nine stages shot from 0800 to around 1430 with a one-hour lunch break (provided with match fees and on time). Stages were not vanilla but not overly complicated. Some had been seen before but that sure didn’t make them easier.

- Scores were completed quickly and correctly, awards were given within an hour or so of completion - FAST and ACCURATE. If we didn't want to know the scores we wouldn't time it. Great job!

- RO's and SO's were polite, knowledgeable and assisted the shooters when necessary. I can't remember the last match I attended that I didn't hear complaints from the shooters but I didn't hear a single one at this match.

- Plenty of restrooms, water and refreshments, shade and other creature comforts.

- Great shirts and logo. That guy looks vaguely familiar.... My only complaint was that he wasn’t holding a revolver!

Thank you to all the out of state shooters for coming to Ohio to support our match. We’ll try to do the same in as many numbers.

For all of you that didn’t attend :angry: …..you should have been there! B)