Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Mag Magazines

joshua

I can't spend anymore on hi-cap mags (at 85-100 per pop plus all the upgrades needed like basepad and wolffe springs) Are the Pro-mag 10 round magazines for Para P16 good enough for competition use. I'll just start shooting Limited 10. Josh

Josh,

When I shot a Caspian .40, all you can get where Pro Mags (the ones Fred Craig sold). The metal they use is a little softer than most factory mags, but I actually liked them 'cause they were really easy to tune and polish up. Once I did, they were 100%. (Can't say the same for my STI.)

Overall they are pretty good, and a great value. I just picked a couple up for my Beretta. Again, had to do a bit of tweaking, but now they run great.

-- Bucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 2 of the promag 10 round mags but haven't been able to use them because the base pads have too much material preventing full insertion in my Para with a Dawson aluminum mag well. Looks like major reduction is needed on the sides of the basepads. The spring in the mags are skinny like the ones used in 9/40 1911 single stack mags. The follower seems to look good and should feed well. I think the mag bodies are painted with teflon. Will post again once I get them modified so I can use them in my limited gun. josh