Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flooding.....

DougCarden

Thanks for the info, Jack. We just got our Tetnaus shots today as well.....Yeah, the smell is worse than the Hog farm I grew up on.....if you can imagine that.... :wacko:

We are making good progress so far, and it was impressive to see the President fly in on Marine1 with the crews.....He probably didnt see me salute, but I dont care...... B)

We will get through this, and I found out today when I took ice cream to my guys on the strip that they will stand out in the heat and sun all day for a Klondike bar....... :roflol:

Much Later,

DougC

We just got our Tetnaus shots today as well.....

Now might be a good time to negotiate Hepatitis A and B vaccines for all 'in the field' as well (if they don't already get them routinely). Combo vaccine is a series of three shots over 6 months. Pretty much lifetime protection for most. Protects against stuff that will make you profoundly sick or kill you.

Administered a lot of those to Federal agents deployed to Katrina. Most 'forgot' to finish their series after they came home. <_< We're still tracking them down.

... I took ice cream to my guys on the strip ... they will stand out in the heat and sun all day for a Klondike bar....

God bless you for being a nice guy and for taking care of your crew in a bad situation.

Yeah, the smell is worse than the Hog farm I grew up on.....if you can imagine that.... :wacko:

Unfortunately, you'll so used to it that you won't even notice it in a few days. I remember that NOLA, after the big flood, smelled like the worlds largest refrigerator that lost its power...weeks ago.

Best of luck to you and everyone else there.

Thanks for the info, Guys, I appreciate it!

FranDoc, we mandatory the Hep B vaccine upon hire ( we are all EMTs) and I will check on the Hep A as well. We also get the titers check and get reupped when needed. I hope we are innoculated enough....

I appreciate all the well wishes, thanks for the time.

See ya,

DougC