Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ROLEX DAYTONA PURE GOLD WATCH

Jasonub

I was going to post something not very nice about Rolex watches, but reading some members have one, I'll just say I'm more into professional watches like:

Omega Speedmaster Professional,

Fortis B-42 Official Cosmonaute,

Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute.

;)

+1

I'm a watch geek. I have my Dad's Seiko Sportsmatic 5 (automatic) that he bought in Saigon in 1965 and wore on a years worth of combat missions as a forward air controller and my Grandfather's Longinnes manual wind tank style watch that he bought in the late 20s or early 30s.

A guy in my academy class wears a vintage Rolex Sea Dweller that was his Grandfather's....very cool.

As a wedding present my wife bought me a Kobold Phantom Tactical Titanium. I'd been dying for one for a while and I've spoken with Michael Kobold many times, so I'm pretty stuck on this watch. One of one hundred made and the same model that Keiffer Sutherland wore in the first "24". Mine was actually the backup on the set in case something happened to the primary. The now make the Tactical and the Ti, models, but not both together. I have the NATO strap on mine and wear it everywhere except the shower....forget it's there most of the time. It's been amazingly durable...the coating reminds me a lot of IonBond as nothing hurts it.

http://www.koboldwatch.com/products/phantom.htm

As a side note - sorry to digress, I am looking at something to wear other than the Rolex. You guys who have the Luminox watches - what do you think of them? Please PM me your thoughts/etc if you have time. thanks.