Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New H-550 Reloadable 19 Round 40 S&W IPSC BIG BOX KIT

sinnsyk

I just uploaded a new magazine pad called the H-550. It means 0.030" (0.75mm) longer than the H-520 IPSC BOX pad. With this pad an a Grams 9-coil it is possible to reload to 19 rounds in 40 S&W and still be within the rules of the IPSC box.

The IPSC Standard Divison Rules specify the box can be 150mm -0mm / +1mm. In other words a lot of matches will have a box that is 151mm. I made the H-520 pad to make the Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Limited pistol squeeze into the 150mm. In fact it squeezes into 149.50mm so you'll always be safe with the H-520 pads. At the 2007 Europeans I realized they had a huge, and I mean, huge IPSC rule box. Probably bigger than 151mm even. Well, since most officials want to comply with rules and make sure competitors don't get screwed they'll probably make a 151mm box just to be sure.

Well... so the game begins and I made a bigger pad, called the H-550. Now it's possible to reload to 19 rounds and much easier start with 19 + 1 in your gun. That 0.030" extra space in the magazine does miracles and I'm going to be rocking with my new pads in a few weeks in Norway at the Kongsvinger Open and the Czech Extreme Euro Open in about 3 weeks.

So here's the breakdown:

19 reloadable BIG BOX pad/kit is the H-550 with a 9-coil spring kit from Grams.

19 startable IPSC BOX pad/kit is the H-520 with a 9-coil spring kit from Grams.

18 reloadable IPSC BOX pad/kit is the H-520 with a 10-coil spring kit from Grams.

The latter is the majority of my setups since I know these will pass when the box is at it's smallest and it is also a setup that is very reliable for a long time. I won't load up my 19 IPSC BOX setup more than necessary since 9 coils is a squeezer. Same with the BIG BOX setup. But the BIG BOX setup is a nice one to know you can reload to 19 rounds in those situations you really want it.

As they did at the last European, they would let all competitors check their magazines/guns in the official box before the match. Well this ensure you that you won't be disqualified or tossed into Open class during the match. So if you intend to use your BIG BOX magazine setup make sure it's cleared with the official IPSC BOX of the match that it is in fact legal!

I've also put together some packaging deals on the henningshootsguns.com store (not yet uploaded on tanfoglioparts.com) for

3-pack of pads

3-pack of pads/spring kits

5-pack of pads

5-pack of pads/spring kits

If I was setting up an IPSC standard division this is what I would travel to the match with:

5 x 18 round reloadable mags (H520 with 10-coils kits)

1 x 19 round startable mag (H520 with 9-coil kit)

2 x 19 round reloadable mags (H550 with 10-coil kit)

With this 8 magazine setup you'll have enough mags to tackle any sort of nasty IPSC stage they'll throw at you and you know you'll pass with your 6 mags for sure. If they have a typical IPSC 151mm box you know you'll have two mags you can reload to 19 rounds with as well.

Cool ?

btw. I'm heading out on May 26th so if you want me to ship you before the match in Czech Euro Extreme place your order soon. I'll also bring pads/kits to the match but this might be a little late for you to be able to use them in the match.

;-)

Edited by sinnsyk