Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ADOPT A TEAM NE Section shooters Please read

About a year ago, with the help of a couple other shooters in the North East Section and with the support of several clubs, a program to adopt a military team in Afghanistan was started. We chose to support one of our local shooters and his protective service team in any way we could.

Here is what I had posted on another forum

I am sure most of the USPSA shooters know our fellow shooter Greg G from RI.

Greg is headed to Afghanistan next week for a year. A few of us came up with the idea we (as a USPSA Section) would "adopt" Greg and his team for the year.

At each match at Bass River, Harvard, and Manville, the hat will be passed from now till Greg and his team returns. The money will be used to send items they can use. DVDs, phone cards, and more. Greg would also like some of the videos shot at matches so his guys can see the group that is sending the items.

I will be buying an American flag that will be sent to Greg and it will be carried with them on all missions.

Mike of MLE will be the banker on this and has graciously offered to donate shipping charges.

The donations already started at Harvard's last match. No one needs to feel obligated to give. Do what you can. All donations will be used in the name of the NE Section with no recognition given to anyone.

Greg has served in many varied locations. Last year he shot the A7 match after just returning from Iraq. In an e mail he stated:

:

I don't know what to say!

Thank you!

My security team will have 4 full time members that i am training right now.

We will have add on's but 4 fulltime that work for me.

I had to fire one Army guy that didn't workout.

We have been back and forth setting things up and we look to be in Afghanistan the first week in Aug for a year.

We are working for the DIA out of the Pentagon. I can't say much more then that over this.

Its a security/PSD mission. Plus we have to fix and repair all the weapons and run training while there.

It sounds great that you want to do that for us. I will try a get some pictures for the team and all we are doing. Where we live and as much as our day to day as we can.

I will get with the guys and tell them. But right now i don't think they like me very much I am really pushing them hard to be better then the rest and for some its hard.

They call me Nightmare cause even in there sleep they can still hear me getting on them.

I will get our address to you guys.

Please tell everybody that none of us feel you need to do this. But i have to shoot again with all of you and i don't want my hit factor to drop....lol

You guys are great and thanks again!

I will keep in touch and let you know what we could use.

You have no idea how much i miss shooting with all of you!

train hard shoot well

NIGHTMARE 5 OUT

So, when you see that bucket at the sign up tables, do what you can. The money will be budgeted so they will receive something every month including those that have no matches.

When pictures arrive, we will get them up somewhere so all can see. Maybe the MLE site.

Thanks to all,

Gary

Now an update. We collected from the generous shooters and have faithfully sent a package of needed supplies to Greg and his team

Well folks, the funds don't last forever but the deployment goes on. As of last week and after the latest package was sent, the funds are down to less than $70 which will not last long. With gas prices and ammo prices the way they are, I have hesitated to put out the powder jug at matches but it started again at the Harvard match yesterday (Thanks to the generous shooters at Harvard)

I am now issuing a challenge to all NE Section shooters. Donate the cost of a match to the fund. Not a major, just a local. For me with gas, an away match is about $70 so that is what I sent in.

Mike at MLE has been the treasurer for this project and has shipped all packages at no charge to the fund. (Thanks Mike) Any NE Section shooter willing to answer the challenge, please send a check to Mike with the notation "Greg Fund".

What Greg does, he does for us all. When he gets back, he will return my flag which has seen more missions than it should have. It has been up with the fly boys and on the ground with Greg and his team. It will be flown at matches at several locations when Greg is back.

I am asking for the support of a fellow shooter, a family man, and a warrior. Any donation no matter how small will be used.

Thanks to Greg, and all the men and women serving this country. I wish I could do more.

This pic will only be up for a couple days

Chase-Kevin-Col-G-Man.jpg

Regards,

Gary

edit to add, if you need Mike's address send me a PM or e mail

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Mike of MLE will be the banker on this and has graciously offered to donate shipping charges.

I am now issuing a challenge to all NE Section shooters. Donate the cost of a match to the fund. Not a major, just a local. For me with gas, an away match is about $70 so that is what I sent in.

Money coming from Hampden RPC.. keep the pics coming!

Money coming from Hampden RPC.. keep the pics coming!

How about this one

G-ManAfghanPoliceFriends-1-1008x744.jpg

• 7 months later...

With Christmas upon us, the need to remember Greg and all the men and women in far away places is still there.

Fellow shooters, DON'T FORGET. We all need to thank these fine people for what they do.

To those on this board, I thank you for your service. What you do means a great deal to me.

Gary