Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Bicycle Hates Cars.

brifunk

:angry:, not :)

At approximately 2:45pm today, I got hit by a car... so did my bike (my bike hates cars). Now, to be totally honest, I was at fault. I was riding north on Mill Avenue, on the sidewalk, on the wrong side of the street. I did get a ticket for this, but there never would have been an accident if the driver had simply looked to the right before proceeding with his right hand turn. None of this would ever have happened. One might argue, however, "Well if you had obeyed the law, been on the correct side of the street, and in the bike lane, none of this would have happened." And that would be correct. So in fact, I am in the wrong, and so it would be unjust for me to hate a certain Brian (whatever his last name is) or his 94' BMW. My bike, on the other hand, hates all cars and in effect anyone driving a car... and I love it for it.

Sincerely, Brian Stolfa

As a cyclist, I always ride in the streets and with the flow of traffic. You can take up the lane if you need to. Most drivers under estimate the speed of cyclists and always think they can beat them to the corner. It's not the end of the world to slow down and wait a few seconds to let the cyclist go by.

It really doesn't matter which side of the road you are on. I've ended up in people's driveways many times or been cut off. I bet if you had your race gun strapped to your waist it would never happen.

It really doesn't matter which side of the road you are on. I've ended up in people's driveways many times or been cut off. I bet if you had your race gun strapped to your waist it would never happen.

I stopped riding bikes/motorcycles on roads that cars use because there are too many IDIOTS driving cars. After the last time a car about wiped me out I decided my life is worth more than the fun of riding bikes/cycles. Now it is off road only for both.