Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV 'carry-length' tubes?

Still trying to get my mag situation straightened out with this 9mm Eagle 5.0 and IDPA box-compliant magazines.

With STI mags the Grams kit seems to help, and spacer seems to help, though I'm only loading 10-rounds, so I'm not getting deep into the fat part of the tube. However, I recently bought two brand-new STI 126mm tubes from a forum vendor, and they're *shorter* than my other STI 126mm magazines, and won't seat at all with the SV magwell I have on the gun. Very frustrating that quality control is all over the place, but that's another issue.

I'm ready to buy a bunch of SV tubes, and Grams kits and just be done with the g**damn issue. My question is this: SV tubes are advertised as not 126mm but 124mm.

Now what? If I buy these, pair them with a wedge-shaped Dawson Int./box base pad, what are the chances they will seat with an SV magwell?

Do you know that SVI sells a 131mm tube ? also does your magwell fit the box width wise ? as in will the lid close ? I'd shoot SVI a email and ask what they suggest rather than spend money in the dark. It is there magwell tubes and pads I am sure they know what combo will make it work.

If you tell the lady at SVI what you want the mags for they will fix you up...the first try too. Your pads have to have an angle cut on the mag side/the upper side before they will seat with the small SVI magwell. The Dawson angled basepads work and seat with no problems - in my gun with an SVI magwell and my gun with the Krebbs (small SVI copy?) magwell. The SVI basepads also fit and seat perfectly in both the above listed mag wells.