Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Questions

longrange2

Sorry if these are basic questions but I want to make sure I set up my M2 properly, it's my first Benelli. I purchased a Nordic +5 tube and installed it for the first time tonight. I will want to use the shotgun for hunting too so will remove the Nordic for that.

I removed the retaining clip from the end of the factory mag tube, do I need to reinstall that when I go back to factory capacity or can I just screw the stock end cap back on over the spring? I assume the orange rod inside the factory tube is the plug which I can remove for full capacity on the factory tube and reinstall for hunting? The factory follower seems kind of flimsy, is that a part I should replace with something a little heavier?

I plan on picking up a 21 inch barrel if I can find one and sending the carrier off to C-RUM for modification.

I am far from an expert on M2, but I own one and have about 800 rounds through it. (And I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at least once).

When you take the extension off and want to run the factory set up, you must put the spring clip back in if you want to pull the barrel without having the magazine spring extend from the tube. If not, then I am pretty sure that you do not need to reinstall the clip.

Yes, the orange rod is the plug for bird hunting where the magazine capacity is restricted.

I like mine with the 21" barrel, it seems to handle pretty good, now I have to learn to shoot it!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a 21 inch field barrel from Benelli through my local Sportsman's Warehouse for about $400. It should be a pretty good match for my +5 tube and I think will make the gun easier to handle than the 26 inch barrel. I still want to send it out to get the loading port beveled and polished out.