Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which one?

jostein jensen

I'm toying the idea of getting a singlestack in .45 or .38 super, the latter because my dillon will be spitting it when I get my new Bedell soon.

The gun will be used at L1's for IPSC Standard, and for fun shooting. Maybe some steel challange since its being introduced to our National Practical Shooting Association "sub divisions", sorry for my lack of words to express it properly, but over here we need to justify every gun purchase with a division held by the shooting organization we're member in, and I just noticed new steel rules coming up, so I could put that on an application.

Will I feel and see any difference in quality between say a $1000 gun like Dan Wesson or Sti versus the higher priced SV's and Wilson Combat? I really like the Wilson classic two tone, but is it worth the more than doubling of price?

Jostein.

You will see and feel the difference with the Wilson and SV. The fit and finish is equal to a custon built gun. They both fell like glass sliding on glass when youy work the slide. As far as dependability I have an STI that runs 100% just like the Wilsons I have.

Just recently there was a rumor that single stack? might be coming to IPSC...? For that a .45 for sure. If not get the STI Trojan in Super and shoot steel with it.

.02 :)

It was shoot down at the General assembly before EHC I think. They already have enough troble filling the divisions, and didn't belive it would attract new shooters, just let folks who already shoot IPSC use their "obsolete" guns, thus just jumping from one division to another thinning it out even more. But with 900 competitors for the EHC I don't see the problem having another division.

Don't forget the Para's... the ramped barrel is a must for consistancy in my mind for any competiton gun... I've got a single stack and a high cap.... 3 different uppers, 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 plus the mags for all...with a little frame/slide work, I have my choise of what I want to shoot. Accuracy is good (Clark match barrels). (side note... Have'nt found any real differences in performance between the "Colt" Met-Craft/or Springfield mags in 9mm single stack ..BUT the Met-Crafts are a lot less expensive). Another way too go???

Edited by mike NM

(side note... Have'nt found any real differences in performance between the "Colt" Met-Craft/or Springfield mags in 9mm single stack ..BUT the Met-Crafts are a lot less expensive). Another way too go???

Are those 9 or 10 round mags? I just bought a 10 round Tripp Mag for an STI 9mm and it works great so far.