Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Pistol Match in Annapolis, MD on April 20

mpolans

Anne Arundel Fish and Game Association will be hosting an Action Pistol Match on Sunday, April 20, 2008. The match will consist of three or four stages:

1. The Falling Plate Event

2. The Practical Event (minus the 50 yard strings, due to range limitations)

3. The Tyro Event and/or the International Rapid Fire Modified

The round count will be between 108 and 138 rounds. Match sign-up will be at 9:30am, with shooting beginning at 10:00am. Entry fee will be cheap...IIRC, $5 or $10 (I forgot).

Instructions on how to get to the range can be found here:

http://www.henrysherwood.com/aafg/location.html

I hope to see y'all at the match!

Mark

Edited by mpolans

Bump for the new info.

Mark,

Good to see you and SR at C'Burg on Sunday. How did the Mover/Reticle work out for you after you got dialed in?

Sorry, will not be able to make the Annapolis Match.

Martin

Worked well. Sights were still a little off, so I think there's room to improve (well, unless you're shooting 1920-192x there's always room). IIRC, I ended up with a 455 and my father was a few more points down.

Bump for the new info.

Mark,

Good to see you and SR at C'Burg on Sunday. How did the Mover/Reticle work out for you after you got dialed in?

Sorry, will not be able to make the Annapolis Match.

Martin

Worked well. Sights were still a little off, so I think there's room to improve (well, unless you're shooting 1920-192x there's always room). IIRC, I ended up with a 455 and my father was a few more points down.

455! Solid. Keep at it, trust it, maintain hold and work the trigger. The 5 and 8 count will drop....leaving the desirables in the middle! One shot at a time, shoot the shot your shooting.

MJ :cheers:

Here's a copy of the official match announcement. Please note that registration ends at is from 9:00-9:30am, not from 9:30-10:00am as stated in my first email.

The Anne Arundel Fish & Game Association (AAF&G) will hold its first NRA Action Pistol Match on Sunday, 4-20-08, starting at 10 AM. Registration begins at 9 AM and ends at 9:30 AM. Cost to register is only $5.00, to cover costs of targets and equipment.

This is NOT an NRA approved match; it is a club match, mostly for fun.

No prizes or money awarded, but ALL registered shooters will receive an Official NRA Action Pistol hat pin, a sorta scarce item that I got a bunch of back in the late 1980's.

We will shoot the standard 48 round Falling Plate Event, and the Standard Practical Match out to 25 yards (36 rounds). If time permits, we will add another surprise course of fire. Shooting will start at 10 AM sharp, and end no later than 4 PM. If you don't want to shoot, I can use some help with scoring targets and running the inexperienced shooters through the stages.

There will be a chronograph available, if you wish to have your ammo chronoed and time permits.

For the new shooters: you can shoot any semi auto or double action revolver, 9mm or larger caliber, as long as it is safe and you have a holster that will retain your firearm safely. You should bring at least one extra mag/clip or a speedloader if you have it to avoid causing a delay.

For the experienced shooters: if this match is a success, I will hold additional NRA Action Pistol Matches at AAF&G. I'm trying to get NRA Action Pistol going in the Annapolis area and can sure use some interest. If I get it, future matches will have prizes in the form of merchandise or cash, depending on the desires of the shooters and within the entry fee budget.

All shooting will be using the NRA Action Pistol rulebook, dated 1-1-2004, as amended. Future matches will include NRA approved events.

AAF&G is located at 1730 St. Margarets Road in Arnold, MD 21012. This is off the Bay Dale Drive exit from Maryland Route 50, a few miles east of Annapolis and the US Naval Academy.

Shooters may pick up their brass after the match. Eye and ear protection MUST be worn by ALL persons on the range. AAF&G is very strict on this rule, and with other safety rules, which will be explained during the shooter's briefing, starting at 9:40 AM.

Please email me if you have any questions. If you need directions to the range, please use MAPQUEST or YAHOO MAPS. There will be a D-1 target near the entrance to the range. The Action Pistol range is on your left as you enter the parking lot, at the bottom of the hill from the Clubhouse. There are restrooms available.

After the match, those who wish to do so may join the shooters at the local Red, Hot, & Blue southern bar-b-q restaurant located nearby (about one mile from the range), for a no-host dinner. Nothing like some good ribs after a day on the range!!

Again, if you have any questions, just ask. If you know you will be coming, please email me (paladinhill@hotmail.com) so I can get a rough idea of how many will show up.

Here is a link to the AAF&G website: http://www.geocities.com/~aafg/

Here is a link to AAF&G using MAPQUEST.com: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/+1730+St.+Mar...d+annapolis+md/

We're on the west side of the road, just before you go over the creek. Look carefully for the friveway or you might miss it.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday,.

Mark Polansky, Sr.

Match Director

P.S. My cell phone 703-254-6700, if you get lost enroute.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Mark,

How did the Action Pistol match go and are you planning more?

I didn't see any on the web site.

Ben

Well, we had a whopping six shooters show up. Part of that might be late publicizing of the match and St. Charles hosting an IPSC match at the same time. There was a torrential downpour of rain too. In short, it kinda sucked.

That said, there will probably be another one sometime in the future, but I don't know when.